Friday, May 18, 2012

Bisharp -- Dark Explorers Pokemon Card Review

Bisharp Dark Explorers Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Bisharp from the Dark Explorers Pokemon Card Set.  This is a stage 1, darkness type Pokemon card with an hp of 90.  It has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to psychic type Pokemon, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost.  Bisharp doesn't have an Ability but it does have two moves, the first move is called Slash and does 30 damage for two energy cards, one each of darkness and colorless.  Bisharp's second move is called Fury Cutter and for three energy cards, two colorless and one darkness, it does 30 damage plus 10, 30, or 60 more damage depending on the amount of heads you get when you flip three coins.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, I would incorporate this card into a dual type deck since it can use colorless energy cards for its attacks.  I would put Bisharp into the active Pokemon spot as soon as there were two energy cards on it.  I would use Slash first and then after that once I get three energy cards on Bisharp I would always use Fury Cutter.  However unlike yesterday's card, Scrafty, Bisharp's second move isn't that great, it can be but more than likely it will be below average to average, so I would be more conservative on putting this card in a darkness type deck.  If I were to use this card, I would only use 1 Pawniard and 1 Bisharp in the deck, I would possibly use this card as a last chance type of card, I may put this card in and hope to flip 3 heads and be able to do 120 damage in one turn.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 2 out of 5 rating.  Even though this card is similar to Scrafty from yesterday, this card overall is much worse, it has a lower hp, and two average moves, and if you're not lucky Bisharp can only do 30 damage a turn even if you put three energy cards on it.  So I would stay away from this card unless you feel extremely lucky, I would go with a card that is guaranteed to do at least 60 damage a turn instead of one you need to get lucky with to do that much damage.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Bisharp from the Dark Explorers set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Escavalier from the same set.

No comments: