Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hippowdon -- Next Destinies Pokemon Card Review

Hippowdon Pokemon Card Next Destinies SetPokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Hippowdon from the Next Destinies set. This is a stage 1, fighting type Pokemon card with an hp of 130. It has a x2 weakness to water type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to electric type Pokemon, and a four colorless energy card retreat cost. Hippowdon doesn't have an Ability but it does have two moves, the first move is called Sand Bazooka and for three energy cards, two colorless and one fighting, it does 70 damage and allows you to move one of the energy cards attached to this Pokemon to one of your benched Pokemon after using this move. Hippowdon's second move is called Rock Tumble and for four energy cards, two each of fighting and colorless, it does 90 damage and this attack can't be weakened by resistance.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since the retreat cost on this card is so high, once you put this card in you'll have to keep with it until you either win the game or Hippowdon gets knocked out. Because of this I would keep Hippowdon on my bench until I get four energy cards on it, then I would put it into play and use Rock Tumble every turn, until Hippowdon is getting close to being knocked out, then I would use Sand Bazooka one turn so I would only have to discard three energy cards instead of four since I can move an energy card to one of my benched Pokemon when using this move. I would definitely consider using this card in a fighting type deck of mine, I would have a 2-1 line of Hippowdon and Hippopotas in my deck.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 4 out of 5 rating. This card is right up my alley, I love cards that have high hp, and high powered attacks, the only thing holding this card back is that it has an extremely high retreat cost, and since it is a stage 1 Pokemon you'll probably have to put it into the active Pokemon spot before it can attack because it is so slow.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Hippowdon from the Next Destinies set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Mienshao from the same set.

No comments: