Monday, April 2, 2012

Emolga -- Next Destinies Pokemon Card Review

Emolga Pokemon Card Next Destinies SetPokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Emolga from the Next Destinies set. This is a basic, electric type Pokemon card, with an hp of 70. It has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost. Emolga doesn't have an Ability and only has one move called Bounce which takes two energy cards, one each of electric and colorless and does 30 damage, after using Bounce you need to switch Emolga with one of your benched Pokemon.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since this is a basic Pokemon card and doesn't evolve into anything I wouldn't put too many of these in an Electric type deck, I would also consider putting this Pokemon on my bench until I got two energy cards on it, then I would use it in this way, once one of my Pokemon gets knocked out, I would put Emolga into the active Pokemon spot if and only if none of my other benched Pokemon had enough energy to attack that next turn, that way I could use Bounce once, attach an energy card to that Pokemon that couldn't have attacked the previous turn and put that Pokemon into play and thus use its attack the next turn. Since Emolga only has the one move you'll never do anything else besides use Bounce.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 1 out of 5 rating. To me, this just seems like a wasted card in the set. I don't understand why a basic Pokemon needs two energy cards to attack and then when they do attack you have to switch it out, what is the point in this? Why even put this card into your deck if you have to retreat it every time it attacks, I would much rather use two energy cards on another card rather than this one. Even though the card is worthless in my opinion, I really do like the artwork on this card, I like the stormy weather in the background and the almost life like tree that Emolga is holding on to.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Emolga from the Next Destinies set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Kirlia from the same set.

2 comments:

Twingamereviewers said...

Nice review man, I agree the attack on this card is pretty pointless.. But if they switched that attack with a regular 30-50 damage attack for 1-2 energy's i would consider placing 1 or 2 in my deck :)

mischiefkitty said...

I have a deck with 4 of these guys and a couple with u-turn and the pokemon center stadium cards, main strat being bouncing through them all and healing benched pokemon with a zekrom to bounce in to take big hits, it rather works quite well. Personally I think the value of the emolga applied effectively is at least a little higher than 1/5, but I built a deck around the card.