Sunday, August 5, 2012

Yanmega -- Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Review

Yanmega Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Yanmega from the Dragons Exalted Pokemon Card Set.  Yanmega is a stage 1, grass type Pokemon card, with an hp of 100.  Yanmega is the stage 1 evolution of the Pokemon card I reviewed yesterday in Yanma.  Yanmega has a x2 weakness to electric type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to fighting type Pokemon, and a free retreat cost.  Yanmega doesn't have an Ability, but it does have two moves, the first move is called Agility and for two colorless energy cards it does 30 damage, plus if you get a heads when you flip a coin all effects of attacks from your opponent during their next turn is prevented on Yanmega.  Yanmega's second move is called Cutting Wind and for three colorless energy cards this move does 70 damage.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since Yanmega is a a stage 1 Pokemon card, I would recommend keeping Yanma on the bench, then evolving it into Yanmega, once Yanmega has at least two energy cards on it I would then put it into the active Pokemon spot.  Once Yanmega is in the active Pokemon spot I would use Cutting Wind two turns in a row unless the defending Pokemon has more than 140 hp or Yanmega is likely to get knocked out during its next turn, if that was the case I would use Agility instead of Cutting Wind.  If possible, I would put this card in a spread damage type deck, so I could use Yanma a turn or two, then evolve Yanma into Yanmega, use Cutting Wind a turn or two, then use Yanmega's free retreat cost and move it to the bench, besides having spread damage type Pokemon in the deck I would include a couple that would have free retreat costs so I could freely move Yanmega and those other Pokemon in and out of the active Pokemon spot quite regularly.  I would use Yanmega in any type deck since it only requires colorless energy cards, and I would include a 2-2 line of Yanma and Yanmega in that deck.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 4 out of 5 rating.  This is a very good stage 1 Pokemon card, and the best Dragons Exalted card I've reviewed lately.  I like the fact that this card has a free retreat cost, can be put in any deck, and has two great moves.  I know this is a stage 1 Pokemon card but this card really would be dominant if it had a little higher hp or a sweet Ability.  Either way this card is a great card, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Yanmega from the Dragons Exalted set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Wurmple from the same set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
WWU-3A7E-64H-FV6
G4A-ULTL-QPR-FH4

No comments: