Monday, September 5, 2011

Whimsicott -- Emerging Powers Pokemon Card Review

Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Whimsicott from the Emerging Powers set. This is a stage 1, grass type Pokemon card, with an hp of 80. It has a x2 weakness to fire type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to water type Pokemon, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost. It does not have a special ability, but it does have two moves, the first move is called Encore which takes one colorless energy card and does 20 damage, plus it allows you to choose one of the moves from the defending Pokemon, and make your opponent use that move the next turn, if they decide to attack. Whimsicott's second move is called U-turn, which does 40 damage for two grass energy cards. However after using this move you have to switch out Whimsicott and put in one of your benched Pokemon.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, I wouldn't use this card in my deck, but if you do, I would keep Whimsicott on my bench until a Pokemon is put into your opponent's active Pokemon spot
that has a move on it that doesn't do damage, I would then put Whimsicott in, and use Encore over and over again until I knock that Pokemon out, then once that Pokemon is knocked out, I would use U-turn and retreat Whimsicott.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 2 out of 5 rating. This card is below average because it has a low hp and can't do much damage wise or special condition wise. This card can be good if your opponent has a Pokemon that doesn't have an attacking move, but if it does, Whimsicott won't last long with only 80 hp. I do like that it can do 40 damage, but I don't like that it has to retreat after using that move, I wish the player using that move was given a choice to retreat it or not.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Whimsicott from the Emerging Powers set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Sawsbuck from the Emerging Powers set.

No comments: