Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Blaziken FB Lv. X (Supreme Victors)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Blaziken FB Lv. X from the Supreme Victors set and this is one of those cards that doesn't take very long to set up and it can do some damage quick. To start off this card has an Hp of 110 which is pretty good for basically being a Stage 1 Pokemon card, it increases 30 hp from the regular Blaziken FB card in this set. A x2 weakness to Water is expected from a fire type lv. X Pokemon, Blaziken doesn't have any resistance and it has a pretty cheap retreat cost of only 1 colorless energy card. Blaziken's Poke-Body Burning Spirit can be really powerful, its Poke-Body reads like this: Any damage done to a burned Pokemon is increased by 40 hp, so when you have Blaziken FB in play not this card in play you can use the move on that card which allows you to burn Pokemon, that way you should get as many Pokemon as possible burned so that way you can use Burning Spirit and then use Blaziken's only move Jet Shoot which does 80 hp damage for only 2 energy, 1 fire, and 1 colorless, but then the next turn any damage done to Blaziken is increased by 40 hp, this move basically offsets Blaziken's Poke-Body since it adds 40 hp to any move done to a burned Pokemon, so whichever Pokemon has the higher Hp will last the longest. Wow there really isn't too much to explain about this card but now I'll go into strategy. Like I said earlier you want to play Blaziken FB as soon as possible and get many Pokemon burned, not only then when you evolve Blaziken FB to Blaziken FB Lv. X will all Pokemon be increasing in damage from being burned but any damage done to them is increased by 40 hp. So Blaziken Lv. X's move Jet Shoot can then do 120 hp damage for only 2 energy, I don't think you can find a better move out there for 2 energy cards. But just be careful your opponent doesn't have any powerful Pokemon set up on there bench because if they do they will move that Pokemon to their active Pokemon and if you used Jet Shoot the previous turn to knock out a Pokemon you can probably say bye-bye to your Blaziken Lv. X. So my strategy would be to use Blaziken FB's moves not the Lv. X's moves unless you have to knock out a very powerful Pokemon of your opponent's. Also since Jet Shoot increases damage to Blaziken by 40 hp, I would include trainers/supporters that allow you to take damage off of Blaziken so that it will last longer. So once again thanks for reading my review and stay tuned for tomorrow's review of Marowak from Legends Awakened.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hah!!! I have this card its so good, It only takes 2 energy's to activate and is also good because of 1 retreat cost!! I own my cousin and friends with this card all the time, I just wish it had more hp, but other then that this is one of my best cards.

-Zantexx (www.youtube.com/user/zantexx)

BNKD said...

Nice review. I have another tip for card. It´s Salamence EX from EX Deoxys.

dade7117 said...

I use this card in my fire deck! W00t! Thanks for another great review =)

Garrett Williamson (Hgssprime) said...

Another combo i thought of is kabutops from arceus and aerodactyl from arceus. Starting with dome fossil attach a fighting energy which allows you search for kabuto and evolve it right there and then use kabutos fast evolution to search for kabutops. Use trainers and supporters and other pokemon like uxie to get old amber and aerodactyl. Then use aercdactyls unearth to search for a dome, heelix, or old amber. Then use kabutops primal scythe and discard the fossil you just got and it does 70 for one energy. The use fossil excavators to get that fossil back and either use it or discard it for primal scythe again.

Macrov said...

love the art on this card. I dont play pokemon and never have really known anyone to want to around here or i would, but i really love the artwork on some of these. Beautiful. Also this reminds me of the Pokemon Games i used to play on the GBA.

PrimetimePokemon said...

@PokemonWorldBranix I can do that card in about a week

Garrett Williamson (Hgssprime) said...

Iv started my own blog doing tcg combos. Let me know what you think

http://hgssprime.blogspot.com/

PrimetimePokemon said...

@Goofy I checked it out, it looks pretty nice.

Luxaken garchomp said...

I hope you know that lv X cards can use any attack,body, power from the previous form. By the way you wrote the article it doesn't sound like you know that. Nice article you by the way.

PrimetimePokemon said...

@Luxaken garchomp I know that, but I want to review just the moves on this card not the moves the regular Pokemon can do because there are so many different possibilities for the card you can put underneath the Lv. X card that it would take a long time to review everyone of them

charmanderleonizard said...

Uh primetime you know that you can use luring flame even when its in lv.x form. So you would use blazikens luring flame on a key pokemon then use jet shoot. But either way great strategy/article.ps do u play comptetive.

charmanderleonizard said...

I also love your vids. I started a YouTube account so I'm going start subbing.:)